Weight training is designed to provide students with a comprehensive view of different areas of weight training, circuit training and stretching. Weight training for sports and general physical fitness programs will enhance student performance in athletics and fitness characteristics for life.
1. To develop skills through selected and guided physical activities for immediate and future purposes.
2. To promote physical strength and vigor through development of strength, power, motor ability and endurance.
3. To develop useful skills and activities to serve as a basis for use in leisure time.
4. Development of essential safety skills for the beginning weight trainer.
5. Development of proper warm-up exercises before starting their weight lifting programs.
6. Proper body position when exercising.
7. Develop leadership by having students assume responsibility under supervision.
8. To develop social attitudes, courtesy and cooperation through group interaction in guided activity. 9. Students should demonstrate their acceptance of responsibility by attendance, participation and suiting out for class.
10. To develop knowledge of techniques and different areas of weight training and physical fitness programs.
MENTALITY OF CLASS:
1. It’s a physical lab.
2. It’s a working class.
3. Class is 50 minutes long.
5.Students have 3 minutes get dress.
6.We warm-up for 3 minutes. (different warm-up based on our work-out)
7.They get 37 minutes to workout and will get 4 to 5 lifts done.
8.They get 7 minutes to get dress back for school.
“A WELL COACHED PROGRAM IS BETTER THAN A WELL WRITTEN WORKOUT.”